With the season winding down, there's a tie at the top.
Douglas Fritz (147-53) and Joe Avento (147-53) sit one game ahead of season leader Tanner Cook (146-54) with just nine games on the slate this week. Fritz went 11-2 a week ago to catch Avento who finished 10-3. Cook also went 10-3 to keep things close down the stretch.
Kevin Mays (143-57) sits four games back, while Jeff Birchfield (141-59) is six car lengths behind the leaders.
Lots of dissension among the ranks this week as only the Bucs get a unanimous tip of the cap from the panel. So, it really is anybody's game at this point.
Here's how they see it going down:
* Unbeaten David Crockett is a 3-2 favorite to go to Knoxville and pick up the win over Halls. Fritz and Mays expect a different outcome and are picking against the Pioneers.
* Union is a 3-2 favorite to upend Graham at Bullitt Park. Cook and Birchfield, however, aren't sure the Bears have enough gas in the tank to get past the G-Men this year.
* J.I. Burton is a 3-2 favorite to beat Patrick Henry in a game being played at Emory & Henry on Saturday. Fritz and Birchfield are betting against the Raiders.
* Ridgeview is a 4-1 favorite to best Richlands. Only Avento is wagering against the Wolfpack at home.
* Tennessee is a 3-2 favorite over Missouri. Cook, Birchfield and Mays say Vols; Fritz and Avento say Tigers.
* Virginia is a 3-2 favorite over Georgia Tech. Cook, Birchfield and Mays say Cavs; Fritz and Avento, the Yellowjackets.
* Miami is a 4-1 favorite over Virginia Tech. Only Mays is sticking with the Hokies this week.
* The Titans are a 3-2 favorite to beat the Colts. Cook, Birchfield and Avento say Titans; Fritz and Mays say Colts.
Check out this week’s football picks every week in the Thursday paper and share your thoughts about them in social media where you can find us @tnsportslive.