logo



D-B briefly evacuated as fan motor sets off fire alarm

Rick Wagner • Feb 19, 2020 at 1:33 PM

KINGSPORT — Dobyns-Bennett High School was evacuated late Wednesday morning, with the preliminary cause identified as a problem with a fan motor in the HVAC unit in the Nancy Pridemore Little Theatre. The Kingsport Fire Department responded.

According to Assistant Superintendent Andy True and an email sent to D-B families, at about 11:15 a.m, “D-B was evacuated out of caution due to a fire alarm in the area” of Pridemore. “Initial indications are that the cause of the situation was a fan motor in an HVAC unit. KFD has given the all-clear for students to return to class, and they are doing so now. School will continue as normal once they return to the building.”

Students were gathered at various places surrounding the school but began going back in the building around 11:36 a.m.

Kingsport Times News Videos