Three seats on the Kingsport Board of Education are also on the ballot, ones currently held by Todd Golden, Susan Lodal and Karen Reed-Wright.
Three incumbents have chosen not to seek re-election – Lodal and Reed-Wright on the BOE and first term Alderman Joe Begley.
Here are the candidates running in the upcoming city election in Kingsport:
- Joe Carr: a 2014 graduate of Dobyns-Bennett High School and future student of East Tennessee State University.
- Dennis Mabb: owner of Waste Knot Solution.
- Mike McIntire: current Kingsport Vice-Mayor, retired from Eastman.
- Pat Shull: retired U.S. Army colonel, former alderman and current Sullivan County Commissioner.
- Nathan Vaughn: former state representative, former Kingsport vice-mayor, local insurance agent.
RUNNING FOR ALDERMAN
- Christopher Bulle: works for Bank of Tennessee and member of Peak (Kingsport’s young professionals organization).
- Darrell Duncan: a real estate agent, retired Eastman employee and former alderman.
- Charles Honaker Jr.: owner of Millennium Auto Collision.
- Chris Mills: 20-year veteran of the U.S. Military, currently a maintenance worker at Wal-mart.
- Tommy Olterman: current alderman, former Sullivan County commissioner and retired economic development specialist.
- James Phillips: local developer, event organizer and entrepreneurer.
BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Julie Byers: retired from Eastman, community volunteer and 2005 mayoral candidate.
- Shelton Clark: co-owner of Model City Tap House.
- Liv Detwiler: Spanish professor at East Tennessee State University.
- Todd Golden: current member of the BOE and a senior sales specialist for Novartis (Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company).
- Jim Welch: retired educator for Kingsport City Schools (30 years).