The incident happened on Wednesday at a home in the 100 block of Ball Road, near Bristol, according to the release, which included the following details:
• The sheriff’s office was called to the home in reference to a reported shooting.
• Upon arrival, deputies determined that no one had been shot; however, an adult female had been injured.
• SCSO investigators were called to the scene and an investigation immediately began into what had occurred.
• After interviews with the victim, witnesses and the suspect, it was determined that the suspect, Jarrett Keith Belcher, age 37, of 100 Ball Road, Bristol, had possession of a rifle inside the residence.
• Belcher allegedly made threats with the firearm and the victim attempted to remove the firearm from his hands. During the struggle for the firearm, one bullet discharged into a tile floor and shrapnel caused minor injuries to the victim.
• Belcher was arrested at the scene and charged with reckless endangerment and aggravated assault. He was booked into the Sullivan County Jail with his bond set at $2,000.