• ETSU BASEBALL COACH Joe Pennucci is conducting a prospect camp for grades 9-12 from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Sept. 1 at Thomas Stadium. Cost is $150. Contact Zach Murray at [email protected] or (706) 401-3372.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email [email protected]
• 19TH SHOOTING STARS 3-ON-3 Basketball League, for boys and girls grades 4-12, is registering through Aug. 31. Games will be played Sunday afternoons at Science Hill. Entry fee $150 per team. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected]
• BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF Johnson City/Washington County Fall Basketball registration runs through October. Age divisions are 7-9 and 10-12; groups determined by player’s age as of Jan. 1, 2020. Fee is $25. Registration forms may be obtained from 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the Boys & Girls Club, 2210 W. Market Street, Johnson City. Call (423) 461-4560 or contact Tim Morgan at [email protected] to learn more.
• CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, for all youth ages 4-16, will be held on Sept. 7 at Jaycees Park, 455 N. Central Ave. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. at the park that Saturday morning, but pre-registration would be helpful and reduce wait times. Pre-register through Sept. 6 during business hours at Church Hill City Hall. Age divisions are 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16. Hooks drop at 8;30 a.m. and the competition will end at 10 a.m. Trophies will be awarded in each division plus an overall trophy for the young angler who catches the largest fish. There will also be a chance for the children to win a new bicycle and free doughnuts and drinks will be provided. The event is free thanks to sponsors including VFW Post 9754, Buffalo Springs Fish Hatchery, CASVA Angus Farm and Food City.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation is registering for football through August. Age divisions are 7-9 and 10-12, and the fee is $40 per player. To be eligible, the child must turn 7 before Sept. 30, 2019, but may not turn 13 before that date or be in the seventh grade; a copy of your child’s birth certificate is required. Register at Church Hill City Hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday or online at churchhilltn.gov. Call (423) 357-7010 with questions.
• 27th CARROLL DALE INVITATIONAL will be held Monday, Sept. 30 at The Virginian in Bristol, Va. Proceeds benefit the Virginia-Wise athletic department. Entry is $250 for an individual or $1,000 for a foursome. Sponsorships are also available. For more information or to register, contact Sam Wharton at (276) 328-0259 or [email protected]
• TUSCULUM HOMECOMING TOURNAMENT will be held Friday, Oct. 4 at Graysburg Hills. The four-person captain’s choice event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with a shotgun start; lunch and registration will begin at 12:30 p.m. The cost is $500 per team or $125 per player; a special rate of $550 features a hole sponsorship. There is a $25 discount on greens fees for all Tusculum alumni and the event is open to the first 80 registered golfers. There will also be a silent auction table. For more information, contact Josh Ealy at (423) 636-7331 or [email protected]
• SCORPION 5K and 2-Mile Walk, hosted by the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, are set for Sunday, Sept. 8. The 5K and 2-Mile Walk begin at 6 p.m. at the sheriff’s office, 140 Blountville Bypass. Proceeds go to purchase much-needed equipment and safety gear for the SCSO Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team. Early registration, which ends Sept. 1, is $25. Race-day registration is $30. To learn more or to register, go online at runsignup.com, enter Tennessee into the State search and type in Scorpion 5K and 2-Mile Walk. A link to the event is also posted on the SCSO Facebook page.
• ST. JUDE WALK/RUN will take place Saturday, Sept. 14, at The Pinnacle, 308, Bristol West Boulevard, Bristol, Tenn. The event, held during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, raises money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital, where families never receive a bill for anything. The fees for ages 6 and up are $20 for the 5K run and $10 for the walk; ages 5 and younger participate free. Participant may form or join a fundraising team. Learn more online by searching St. Jude walk/run and Tri-Cities.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at [email protected] for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at [email protected] for more information.
• KINGSPORT REC SOCCER PROGRAM, offered by Kingsport Parks and Recreation and Tri-Cities United Soccer Club, is registering ages 3-17 for its fall youth soccer program, which runs from Aug. 26-Nov. 9 at Eastman Park at Horse Creek. Assessments begin Aug. 26. Age group coordinators also needed. To register or learn more, go online at kingsportsoccer.org.
• TUSCULUM SOFTBALL FALL PROSPECT Camp will be held Sunday, Sept. 8, from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Red Edmonds Softball Field on the university’s Greeneville campus. The cost of the camp is $125; deadline is Thursday, Sept. 9. The camp is limited to the first 50 applicants. To learn more, contact Huebner at (423) 636-7300 ext. 5131 or [email protected]
• LMU SOFTBALL PROSPECT CAMP, for grades 9-12, will be held from noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 at Dorothy Neely Field on the Harrogate campus. Fee is $125 and pre-registration is required. Go online at LMURailsplitters.com and click the Softball tab.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email [email protected]
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association is offering Tennis on Tap at Liberty Bell in Johnson City from Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m. and a Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City on Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon. For more information about META, email [email protected]
• JOHNSON CITY PARKS & REC ADULT volleyball league — for ages 18 and older and 16-17 with parent or guardian consent — is registering through Aug. 30. Matches in the 10-game season for men’s and coed teams will take place at the Carver Recreation Center. The season begins Sept. 16 and games will be played from 6:30-10 p.m. Register at the Winged Deer Park Athletic Office, 4137 Bristol Highway. A roster must include a minimum of 12 players and a copy of each player’s driver’s license is required at the time of registration. Call (423) 283-5825 for more information.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation is registering for volleyball through August. Divisions are grades 3-5 and 6-8, and the fee is $20 per player. Please provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate. Register at Church Hill City Hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday or online at churchhilltn.gov. Call (423) 357-7010 with questions.