• PATRIOTS 17-UNDER AMERICAN LEGION team invites baseball players who will be between the ages of 15-17 in 2020 to sign up on Saturday, Nov. 9 from noon-2 p.m. at the V.O. Dobbins Center, 301 Louis Street, Kingsport. There is no fee to sign up. To learn more, call the team’s GM at (423) 323-8334 or email [email protected]
• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND Pro Showcase Baseball Camp, for athletes in the 2020-23 high school graduating classes, will be held Oct. 19-20 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 14. Reservations after Oct. 14 are $195 with a $50 deposit. Pre-registration is Saturday, Oct. 19, 8:45-9:45 a.m. at Pioneer Park. For more information, contact Tusculum coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615 or download the information under the baseball tab at tusculumpioneers.com. For a complete list of NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA and junior-college scouts planning to attend, call the baseball office at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5699.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email [email protected]
• CHURCH HILL/MOUNT CARMEL/SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department youth basketball registration runs through October. Age brackets are 5-6 coed, 7-9 girls, 7-9 boys, 10-12 girls and 10-12 boys. To participate, the child must have turned 5 before Sept. 30, 2019, but may not have turned 13 before that date. Registration fee is $20; register online at churchhilltn.gov or at Church Hill City Hall from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate when registering. Call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF Johnson City/Washington County Fall Basketball registration runs through October. Age divisions are 7-9 and 10-12; groups determined by player’s age as of Jan. 1, 2020. Fee is $25. Registration forms may be obtained from 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the Boys & Girls Club, 2210 W. Market Street, Johnson City. Call (423) 461-4560 or contact Tim Morgan at [email protected] to learn more.
• BLOOMINGDALE OPTIMIST BASKETBALL signups, for ages 3-12, will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9 a.m.-noon, at Sullivan North/Middle School. Cost is $20 per child. Visit the Bloomingdale Optimist Basketball Facebook page for more information.
• SHOOTING STARS FALL TIP-OFF CLASSIC, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Saturday, Nov. 2 at Science Hill in Johnson City. The entry fee is $90 with three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected] to learn more.
• SHOOTING STARS FALL SHOWCASE, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Saturday, Nov. 9 at Science Hill in Johnson City. The entry fee is $90 with three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected] to learn more.
• THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY HOOPS EVENT, For boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Saturday, Nov. 30 at Science Hill in Johnson City. The entry fee is $90 with three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected] to learn more.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS BASKETBALL tournament, hosted by the Carter County Sports Hall of Fame, will be held on Dec. 26. The tournament is for grades 6-7 and eighth, boys and girls. For more information or to enter a team, call (423) 470-9248 or email [email protected]
• QUILLEN 100, a cycling relay and community event hosted by the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine, will be held Saturday, Oct. 19 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The event features a 50-mile competitive relay and a 20-mile noncompetitive relay. Registration is $30 for the 20-mile relay is $30 and $40 for the 50-mile relay. All proceeds from these events will benefit the Tri-Cities American Heart Association. The family-friendly Quillen 100 also includes a festival and health fair from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with health screenings, food trucks, local vendors and a Kid’s Fun Zone. Youth are invited to bring their bicycles and ride around the track for free at 10 a.m. before the relays begin. Admission to the Infield Festival is free. To register for the races and/or the free youth ride, visit facebook.com/TheQuillen100. The event is sponsored by Ballad Health and ETSU Health.
• ANNA COOPER MEMORIAL Fun Run/Walk is set for Saturday, Oct. 19, starting at 8:30 a.m., at Whitetop Creek Park in Bristol, Tenn. A minimum donation of $15 received by Oct. 2 guarantees T-shirt; a minimum donation of $15 the day of the event receives a T-shirt while supplies last. T-shirt pick-up begins at 7:30 p.m. Leashed four-legged friends are welcome, as are strollers, for the 3-mile run and 1½-mile walk, but be aware that the path is part pavement and part pea gravel. All donations go to the Anna’s Backpack Buddies fund at Tennessee Tech, where Anna was a cross country/track team representative. Anna, who died in June of cancer, was instrumental in the creation and success of the Backpack Buddies program, which provides weekend meals for underprivileged youth in the Cookeville community. Register online by visiting runtricities.org, clicking the Calendar tab and clicking on Anna Cooper Memorial Fun Run/Walk. Checks made out to TTU Athletics; memo: BackPack Buddies, can be mailed to Jennifer Cooper 396 Tim Warren Road, Bristol, TN 37620 or sent via VENMO to @DanielWilliamson-01. Please include contact information and shirt size with donation. For more information, email Jennifer Cooper at [email protected] or Tom Murrell at [email protected]
• LMU SOFTBALL PROSPECT CAMP, for grades 9-12, will be held from noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 at Dorothy Neely Field on the Harrogate campus. Fee is $125 and pre-registration is required. Go online at LMURailsplitters.com and click the Softball tab.