Upcoming Events as of Dec. 2
Dec 3, 2019 at 10:30 AM
The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times-News. To submit an event, email [email protected], fax listing information to (423) 392-1385 or contact the Sports Department after 6 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 4323. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• KINGSPORT PARKS AND RECREATION will conduct archery classes for ages 7 and up from Nov. 7-Dec. 12. The classes, which cover the basics of archery will be held at Lynn View Community Center, 257 Walker St., from 5-6 p.m. All equipment will be provided. Register at the V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex, call (423) 224-2489 or online at kingsportparksandrecreation.org.
• KING MEN’S BASKETBALL is conducting a free clinic for boys and girls grades K-5 the first Monday of each month beginning Nov. 4. Each session will be held from 6:15-7:30 p.m., and the clinic runs through March. Call Coach Pitts at (423) 652-4781 to learn more.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email [email protected]
• ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE, conducted by Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation, will register teams from Nov. 21-Dec. 18. Men’s and women’s leagues are offered and the format is 3-on-3 halfcourt. Each roster must have no more than eight players and players may be on only one roster. Cost is $100 per team. To enter a team, pick up a roster and return it to the Recreation Office, 300 East Main Blvd., Church Hill. For more information, call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 or email Tim at [email protected]
• SHOOTING STARS TRI-STATE Basketball Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Dec. 7 at Science Hill in Johnson City. The entry fee is $90 with three-game guarantee. Call (423) 341-0133 or email [email protected] to learn more.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS BASKETBALL tournament, hosted by the Carter County Sports Hall of Fame, will be held on Dec. 26. The tournament is for grades 6-7 and eighth, boys and girls. For more information or to enter a team, call (423) 470-9248 or email [email protected]
• 7th SNOWMAN STAMPEDE, conducted by Girls Inc., will be held Dec. 7 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Pre-registration fees for the SFTC Prince and Princess Race are $20 for ages 13-up and $10 for ages 12-under; race-day registration fees are $25 for 13-up and $15 for 12-under. Entry forms are available online at runsignup.com or at Girls Inc. of Bristol.
• MILLIGAN WINTER ID CAMP, for girls ages 14-18, will take place Saturday, Dec. 14 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. The camp is geared toward elite players interested in Milligan’s soccer program. Cost is $25. For more information, contact coach Lisa Buckley at (423) 461-8993 or [email protected]