ROGERSVILLE — The 2018 Heritage Days Art Show, sponsored by Holston Electric Cooperative, encourages all artists to enter and display their talents for public viewing the weekend of Oct. 12-14.
The show includes a variety of media including; painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, needlework, fiber art, and other three-dimensional art.
The Art and Photography Show offers categories for children, youth and adults.
Seven categories of art will be judged, including paintings, drawings, sculpture, needlework, photographs, enhanced photographs, and other three dimensional art. The Art Show will be exhibited in the community room of US Bank on Main Street.
Anyone interested in entering, may obtain an entry form at the RHA Depot Museum, the Hale Springs Inn, U-Save Pharmacy, the Rogersville/Hawkins County Chamber of Commerce office, Mountain Star Mall, the Local Artist Gallery, The Rogersville Review, and online at www.rogersvilleheritage.org.
Art Show rules:
1. Each applicant may enter up to 3 pieces of art.
2. All work must be brought in, ready to hang with hanging device attached or ready to set on a table and in clean condition. May display artwork on an easel (must be provided).
3. Each entry must have a title, artist’s name and phone number securely attached to the back of the piece of art. Work must be brought to US Bank Community Room on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 between 10am and 4:30pm or Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 10am and 4:30pm. Art may be picked up after 5:30 PM Sunday or MUST be picked up on Monday, October 15, 2018 between 1pm and 4:30pm.
4. Works selected for the show will be exhibited in the community room for US Bank during Heritage Days and the public is invited to attend.
5. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age division. A $100 cash prize will be awarded to the overall winner, Best of Show.